COURSE EVALUATIONS, NEUROANATOMY, SPRING 2021
Do you have any suggestions for this instructor?
Do you have any suggestions for this course?
- Dr. J is one of my favorite professors in my 4 years of being here! She's knowledgeable, veeery understanding, and she cares about us as individual people. She's super engaged with the class and I always enjoy being in lectures, even though this class is very hard. Dr. J is also helpful outside of class and always responds to questions in a timely manner.
- After taking both Physiological Psychology and Neuroanatomy with Dr. Jennings, I have come to love the flipped classroom aspect of her teaching. I have had numerous teachers attempt this style in the past and they always failed. Dr. Jennings successfully flips the classroom by having us complete her Canvas pre-lecture assignments prior to class. In class, we go over any questions and further our knowledge of the anatomy with clinical application. Dr. Jennings is also the first neuroscience professor I have had that goes beyond the cellular study of neuroscience. How can we understand the importance of neuroscience without also relating it the behavioral impacts described in psychology? That is why these two schools of science are so intertwined. She does a wonderful job capturing both aspects in this class.
- I love Dr. Jennings. I have taken all courses she has taught at ASU during my time here, and I can confidently recommend her classes to any student, regardless of their interest in psychology and the brain. She instructs students from all majors by meeting them where they are at knowledge-wise in PSY 101, and in PSY 426 she brings that same passion to this class at an appropriate knowledge level given our prerequisites. Dr. Jennings is always learning in and outside of class, always doing additional research to update her class with cutting edge research and literature, learning how to teach more effectively, and keeping up with her own hobbies. Despite teaching almost a thousand students between all of the sections of her classes, she is personable and invested in every student's success, which has kept me coming back for all of her classes. Even when the material is frustrating and hard, she is there for her students in and outside of class. She is responsive outside of class when we encountered issues, keeps her word, and looks for ways to reward hard work and help those who are struggling. She is extremely communicative and prompt despite her incredibly busy life and utilizes extremely effective organization to remain faithful to her obligations to all of her classes simultaneously. Dr. Jennings is eager to teach and meet with students and clearly loves what she does, which helps students stay motivated to come to class and learn the material outside of class, even when it is not their primary field of interest or when the content is difficult. Her teaching resources are incredibly thorough, and she provides ample resources for the content we are graded on and for other areas we may be interested in. She facilitates conversation about the content to get us engaged with each other and the content, which kept me invested in succeeding in this class even when I was overwhelmed. The classroom environment that she upholds is incredibly warm and encouraging, and I feel supported by those around me during class because of her influence and the way she conducts this class with our small size. Dr. Jennings has transitioned flawlessly to remote learning and maintained that same care for us as we would have in-person. She has been graceful and looked for ways to help us succeed in this classroom environment with the pandemic in particular, making fair accommodations without compromising our learning or shortcutting the content. It has been wonderful getting to know Dr. Jennings for the past 3 years of classes with her, and this class was the cherry on top of my experience with my major and with her. I cannot recommend her enough as a professor, and I highly encourage the college to ensure she is paid adequately for all of the hard work she does in and outside of class. She is a treasure and has been a light for everyone in this class during a very hard semester. I cannot thank Eevin enough for all she does. She is a tremendous asset to this department, and I will miss her very much after this class is over and I graduate.
- really liked the professor but hated the class. I get it's hard material but shouldn't be impossible.
- You're doing an amazing job. Easily one of most influential professors i've had.
- Yes, to keep doing what she is doing!!!
- WOW I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Jennings. She has been my favorite professor in all of college and is such an incredible instructor. She puts in SO much effort to this class and makes the class so fun and interesting! She listens and responds to student feedback and it's clear that she cares a lot about the class and the students.
- She was one of my favorite professors this semester. Dr. J knows her stuff and I can't be more grateful that she taught this course.
- None, Dr. Jennings is a super chill professor and very knowledgeable. She makes the class very engaging and presents hard material in ways that the student can understand what is being presented. I was skeptical about this class due to it's level of difficulty but Dr. Jennings showed me that I can learn any material despite of it's level of difficulty so thanks Dr. J!
- No, this is one of the few courses that have peaked my interest here at ASU. Dr. Jennings is great, she interacts so much with her students and is very receptive to when things are not clear for the class and bends over backwards to make sure we have a good grasp on the material. I wish every professor at ASU cared this much for their students and their success!
- Keep up the great work!
- Keep being amazing
- KEEP DOING WHAT YOU ARE DOING! You make learning so fun and worthwhile, this is a class I wouldn't miss/skip because of how involved I felt and the amount of material I know now from class.
- I loved your classes and I am seriously considering your PSY 101 class just to take another one of your classes. You always made class interesting and I was always excited to learn. Even though you are very knowledgeable, you were always very approachable which I really appreciated. I also appreciate that you would admit when you are learning new things with us and try to understand our confusion on difficult questions. You are an amazing person, I only wish I could've taken your course in person.
Do you have any suggestions for this course?
- This was my favorite class to take so far, along with PSY 325. The material is interesting and challenging but I was actually motivated to learn because Dr. Jennings always made class fun.
- This class is very hard but super interesting! I'm so happy I'm taking this class.
- This class is absolutely amazing--I don't really have any suggestions!
- This class is AMAZING. Dr. Jennings works very hard to integrate up to date research and classical anatomy to keep the content recent and engaging. Based on her descriptions of the expectations for this class when taken in-person without grace for pandemic-related difficulties students endure, I cannot imagine what it is like to take this class in person though, as it was incredibly difficult this semester with graceful allowances made to help us succeed.
- The exams and pre-lecture assignments were a lot harder than they needed to be. was more worried about my grade than I was about learning
- Nyooom ~~ naruto running through the halls. Subject material was awesome, content organization was on point.
- None Dr. Jennings is doing an amazing job.
- More time on exams would be helpful.
- Might still be stuck in physiopsychology but fill-in-the-blank notes helped me greatly and just the iClicker questions were helpful but I wish I could have gotten some more notes like physio.
- Great material/content covered in this class. I have learned so much and assessments were difficult enough to stimulate learning/problem solving but were fair!
- BEST COURSE BEST TEACHER LOVEEE DR J